AI Research Associate (m/f/d) - Full-time in Karlsruhe/Freiburg/Tübingen/Stuttgart
We are looking for an AI Research Scientist, who is willing to bridge the gap between academic research and applied AI at scale.
The machine learning and data science we employ comes in several varieties: image processing, signal processing, classical supervised modeling, unsupervised methods, and fundamental statistics. Your results will be incorporated into our software, which is applied by large steel companies in order to optimize production processes, save energy and reduce CO 2 emissions.
You will be part of a one-of-a-kind cross-disciplinary team, uniting the worlds of steel production and machine learning. Our team consists of a diverse set of academic and professional backgrounds: software development, computer science, mathematics, physics and metallurgy, with the goal to leverage this expertise through trust and cooperation. We want to foster an environment where team members have frequent opportunities to learn from each other in fields that they are not (yet) experts.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Apply modern machine learning methods to optimization and quality problems industrial processes
- Develop, tune and optimize neural networks, both bespoke and pre-architected shallow, deep and recurrent
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of advances in machine learning and its implementations
- Contribute to software for online learning and prediction in industrial systems
QUALIFICATIONS THAT CATCH OUR EYE
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- Relevant publications in international conferences or peer reviewed journals
- Experience in software engineering or operations, especially in a full-stack development environment
- Experience in working with raw industrial datasets, especially with a variety of storage formats
- Fluency in German or Russian is a plus; English is required
- Be a pioneer in the young research field of AI applications in steel production
- Have a direct impact energy savings and CO 2 emission reduction in large steel companies
- Transparency of business strategies
- Autonomy balanced by responsibility
- Cohesive, multidisciplinary team
- Meaningful industrial problems
- Modern machine learning techniques
- Professional educational opportunities
- Work in a dynamic Start-Up environment where learning is key to develop